Heavitree Community Pre-school maintains the highest possible security of our premises to ensure that each child is safely cared for during their time with us. We achieve this by ensuring that we have a robust procedure in place for Visitors.
- All Visitors to Heavitree Community pre-school are required to sign in and out of our visitor’s book. Detailing date, name, company, reason for visit, time in and out.
- Staff will check the identity of Visitors if unknown. If staff have any doubt of the validity of our visitors then a phone call will be made to their department to double check.
- Visitors will not be left unattended with the children and a designated member of staff will have responsibility over each visitor.
- Visitors are unable to walk into the pre-school unattended due to our security systems in place. All outside access pointsr are closed and locked during session times.
- Visitors are unable to use or go into our communal toilets. However they may use or take their own children to the private disabled toilet.
- No mobile phones, cameras or other photographic equipment is permitted to be carried by visitors whilst on the premises at any time.
- If a visitor has any of these items they can be left in the office during the duration of your visit and collected on departure.
- We keep a copy of this policy on the first page of our visitor’s book. We may ask visitors to review our policy on entrance to the pre-school.
- Our Children’s safety is priority on all occasions.