We provide a staffing ratio in line with the Welfare requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage to ensure that children have sufficient individual attention and to guarantee care and education of a high quality. Our staff are appropriately qualified and we carry out checks for criminal and other records through the Criminal Records Bureau in accordance with statutory requirements.
To meet this aim we;
To meet this aim we;
- Have a minimum adult to child ratio of 1 adult to 8 children aged over 3, and 1 adult to 4 children under the age of 3.
- A minimum of two staff are on duty at any one time.
- Our pre-school leader and deputy hold a minimum of the CACHE level 3 Diploma in Pre-school Practice or an equivalent qualification and a minimum of half our staff hold the minimum CACHE level 3 Certificate in Pre-school Practice or an equivalent qualification.
- We use a key person system to ensure that each child and each family has a particular member of staff for discussion and consultation.
- We hold regular staff meetings to undertake curriculum planning and to discuss children’s progress, their achievements and any difficulties which may arise from time to time.
- We work towards offering equality of opportunity by using non-discriminatory procedures for staff recruitment and selection. We are committed to recruiting, appointing and employing staff in accordance with all relevant legislation and best practice.
- We use Ofsted guidance on obtaining references and DBS checks through the Umbrella organisation TMG for staff who will have substantial access to children. Any adults who have not been checked will be supervised at all times.
- All staff have job descriptions which set out their roles and responsibilities.
- We provide staff induction training, including our Health and Safety Policy and Procedures, and Child Protection Policy and Procedures.
- New employees will have a probationary period of twelve months.
- We provide regular in-service training to all staff, through the Pre-school Learning Alliance and Early Years Development & Childcare Partnership. Our pre-school budget allocates resources to training.
- We support the work of our staff by holding regular supervision meetings and appraisals.
- Staff expenses will be paid monthly or on production of receipt.
- We do not discriminate with recruitment and selection.
- We inform Ofsted of any changes in the person responsible for our setting.