Medical Attention Procedure Policy
The Safety and wellbeing of our children is of the highest importance to Heavitree Community Pre-school. If on the rare occasions medical attention is required, Heavitree Community Pre-school will follow the following principles:-
- Child to be assessed by First Aider and a decision made to go immediately to hospital, or whether child can wait for parent / carer to collect them. Or whether to call the emergency services.
- First Aider to care for child.
- A second staff member to be available to assist, and to give information to emergency services.
- Second staff member to phone emergency services, then contact parent / carer and make arrangements for First Aider to meet them at hospital.
- If the parent / carer cannot be contacted, a reassuring message will be left if possible.
- Staff to gather relevant records of child, and personal items for attending adult to travel with, then to wait and direct emergency services.
- A report of the incident will be recorded, and support given to staff members following the incident.
- Ofsted will be informed.