Children's Safety and Security on Premises Policy
Heavitree Community pre-school maintains the highest possible security of our premises to ensure that each child is safely cared for during their time with us. We achieve this by -:
- Ensuring staff are CRB checked by an enhanced disclosure.
- Ensuring committee members are CRB checked.
- All children are supervised by adults at all times.
- Whenever children are present at least two adults are on the premises.
- That we strictly follow child ratios of a minimum of 1:8 adult to child for children aged 3 plus and 1:4 for 2 year olds.
- We carry out risk assessments to ensure children are not made vulnerable within any part of our premises or activity.
- Systems are in place for the safe arrival and departure of children. Times are recorded for both entrance and exit.
- The arrival and exit times of all visitors are recorded.
- We have a key pad system to prevent unauthorised access to our premises.
- We have systems in place to prevent children leaving the premises unnoticed.
- Personal possessions of staff are stored safely during sessions.